Sunday 31 August 2008

Past.

Haha! Man, you have no idea how appropriate my last blog was for how I'm feeling right now.

I just had a quick whiz through old emails. When I say old, I mean when I was about 14. Like, the days when you thought you were really quite mature, but looking back, it's hilarious to imagine the things you used to do.

I just read an email my parents sent Mic- big guy, lives in Aberdeen... drinks a lot of Irn Bru. [: It was this proposed trip to the Deen that some of my mates and me had. Anyway, it all ended up getting in a mad argument. Basically, my parents didn't want me to go up because 1: they didn't trust Mic and 2: didn't really trust me.

It makes me laugh so bad contrasting that to now. My parents trust me with almost anything- I travel quite a lot. I'm not even in the house as much as I used to be.

It's just so weird- to look back and imagine the past. I'm a full time worker now, who will be driving in the next two months. Whoahh. When did the fast-forward button get pushed? I can remember the first trip to Aberdeen. The days when my parents texted and phoned to make sure I was 'safe'. Or even just those trips to the town every Saturday. Its remembering things that is more weird than ever. Because you start to wonder where the links are in your timeline.

Like, where did I learn to be mature and trustworthy? And when? And when did I learn to make the right friends? Because, somewhere along the line, I have.

In some ways, there is a part of me thanking God for having brought me here, to this age and to this stage of life. Because I know I have so much more to learn, but I feel so much more wise! And some people will be reading this and laughing their heads off. Haha. But man, I feel so much older than ever before right now. 

In other ways, I'm dying to go back.

You know, its true that it's good to make mistakes and learn from them. Its also true that I myself learn best from mistakes. But; every time I look back and notice the massive change in situations, people, and most of all me. It just shows even more clearly how fast life is. Those moments we cherish only last seconds in a lifetime. The good times and even the bad, all just are a fleeting moment.

And looking into the past, it can be so funny, and even a little hurtful at times. But you know, it doesn't half remind you of the need for us to live like today is our last day.


No comments: