Tuesday 5 August 2008

Exam results and a day of BANTER!

Hey again!

Well today was a busy day- busy to the extent of being tired by watching TV :P

Whenever Euan comes down to Perth, we always have trouble trying to find out what we can actually do- well today was exactly one of those days. I'm not entirely sure whether to blame Euan for the inactivity or Perth. =P Even so, the day contained a tad of shopping with Mhairi (who by the way, ACED her exams- 4 A's and a C!), and then some serious chilling at her's... with pizza (Mickey Mouse style) and then a very rushed walk back to the bus station. The rushing didn't help because we missed the bus, (which apparently is my fault. Sorry Euan! :P). Even so, I walked back to my dad's work and stopped along by the pond on the way. Sat there and read Proverbs for quite some time- kept on praying and praying about results- you should have seen me this morning! I was feeling like barfing! =P God spoke to me then and there and told me what true wisdom and understanding were- and they aren't found on an SQA Exam result paper.

So, with a better thought in my head, Dad and I went back home. Opened up my exam result paper- with Catriona trying to fight her way into my bedroom! (Sisters aye?!) And it turns out things were better than I thought. 3 A's and 1 B! 

A- MATHS
A- RMPS
A- ART
B- ENGLISH

For me, art's made me smile! That's what I wanted so badly- and God's really provided... and hey, not going below a B for me is pretty good work! I'm really happy! And good news is, no need to go back and study more. This year contains a new field of work... (yes, I think I will accept the job offer... more news later!)

Other than the hysteria of results- I was going to share with you my dream for later life, so here goes...

I had this idea/vision of a school. Not an ordinary school though, more like a university but not quite so tied up with qualifications. It would be like a training school that would equip young students who have their hearts set on missions (of any kind) to actually get somewhere. So, there would be lecturers, and the lecturers would "lecture" :P in things from A-Z, so that young people can train for a year (or more) and do things such as teaching, medicine, ministers or youth leaders. In many ways we wouldn't be a university or college able to provide people with qualifications (they'd have to study medicine at uni), but we would be the bridging between uni and full time work. It would allow a year of learning to apply the prior training of medicine/youth work/ministerial work, to the fundamental need to bring Christ to the forefront of whatever field of work you are in.

So therefore, young students could gain a year of working to:

1: Grow closer to God themselves
2: Learn to apply God in their work
3: Establish how God can use them and where

In essence, a year to allow them to prepare and to strengthen themselves. The organisation would also place each student in a country depending on a particular need or the student's preference.

I mean, at the end of the day- big plans, but we are meant to be salt and light to the world right? What could be better than training others up and giving them the opportunity to go out and make a change in the world? We need it so badly- and this year wouldn't just allow opportunities, it would allow growth in relationships with God and show each student why missions work is so important, from a personal level to a national level.

I don't know- I'm really excited about this idea, but then it hits me how small I am, and how large the world is.

-Friend of Jesus,

Eli [: xo

No comments: