Thursday 7 August 2008

Turdsday and all that [:

Heyy,

So I guess its been a pretty good day! I'm just not feeling too great at the moment.

I was meant to get up early to meet Lisa here, but unfortunately I slept after my alarm had went off and woke up to have half an hour to get ready. Great :P Whizzed in and out of the shower- Mhairi whizzed in and out of the shower. It was an awful lot of whizzing!

Day was awesome really- we recorded an episode of Doctor Who. Don't think any of us actually thought it was our best production piece :P, but ach... costumes were great fun! Our Daleks.. wow, they were so cool! 

See the link to the left!

Then, as the night went on... folks left- Cara arrived! Stole a few of her shoes. Got the news about my Grandpa being taken back into hospital again. It's something we're all kind of getting used to now, but still a horrible experience. Even for us who live hundreds of miles apart. Our love and respect for him doesn't change a thing.

So the doctors say that this is just a regress... and that things will grow worse. God's worked so many miracles into the lives of my grandparents- and I don't doubt there will be many to continue on even in the last days.

If one thing has changed my outlook on so many things this year, it's the shortness of time. Man, we cling onto the need to grow one year older- to feel a little bit more "mature". The one thing we dearly want, is what some just can't hold on to- life.

And yet, with the passing of my great aunt, my gran... both were so dedicated to God. So passionate about what they believed in, trusted in and lived for. My mum said to me about my gran, "In some ways, she had nothing to live for, and everything to die for". Only some of our closest friends will know that my Gran died very suddenly, but she left her Bible open on the very memorable verse about "this day you shall be in Heaven."

When I get faced with any kind of illness or death, Job's story just seems to hit me every time. "God gives, and he takes away. May the name of the Lord be praised forever."

Truth is- sometimes we don't understand why people are taken from us- but God does. And truth is, if God weren't in charge, what would the world really be like?

So even in the confusion of what is happening at the moment, I can't help but be reminded of the beautiful promise God gives constantly to control all things, and keep his hand outstretched even in the worst of situations.

Thing that's so hard for people to understand is the fact that some people are just ready to go. Why's that so hard to understand? I think it's probably because we simply are not. And it's hard for us to get our head around death, because for the folks that know its time to go, death is starting to be truly understood. Biggest thing of all though, is that all those I've lost or who I'm about to lose know/knew in their hearts, souls and minds, that Jesus has already conquered death, and that "A thousand days in your Courts Oh Lord, are better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of My Lord than dwell in the tents of the wicked." 

See, I guess I feel in every way that tears are the only way through... but second-looking, I think rejoicing is more appropriate.

Its harsh and horrible to hear about pain and ill health, but "there will be no more tears or crying" in glory. And as every day, every second and every moment grows that bit closer, it's so incredible to know that eternity stands at the doorway of those who have knocked.

And for those watching... "Weeping will be in the evening, but rejoicing will come in the morning!" Death is only the true doorway to freedom. That's what I really need to work on.

-Friend of Jesus,

Eli [: xo


No comments: