Friday 29 August 2008

Change.

Yesterday was absolute manic. I was volunteer catering for the farewell do for all those leaving this year from SU. It was buffet style- but loads of work. Worked from 8.30am-9.00pm! Ugh dear. I was completely run off my feet! Haha. Even so, good experience.

Actually, sort of looking forward to being in the kitchens more. Its a nice change. But for a year? Well, it'll be interesting anyway.

So, slept till like 12 noon this morning! Missed phonecalls and all that jazz. Oh dear! =P Even so, so needed the sleep. I think I'm gonna do some baking this morning and pick up some Irn Bru! Mhairi hits Glenfy tonight! Oh yeah Baby! :D

Busy few weeks ahead! I of course start full time work on Monday. This Saturday is hill walking... and Sunday I'm gonna chill! =D Monday-Tuesday, work work work. Wednesday is my day off- so hoping to see Mic then! :D And maybe even Claire! Funn shtuff!

Then Thursday- Sunday is my next shift. Oh yeaaah! I'm catering for a massive weekend. Woohoo!

God has definitely got something massively challenging for me this year- I'm just praying he'll get me through it!

Kind of feel a little low this morning- not spiritually, just... the word 'change' seems to be more real than ever to me.

At the start of the year, change wouldn't have been greatly expected or warmly received. However, 2008 has been a weird year, where everything seems to have gone wrong. But now that I look at it, its not that its gone wrong, its more that its just changed.

Thing is, the biggest thing of all is that I've changed with it. And looking back, almost makes me cringe at the person I was. And the things that I fell into.

Thats why this year is something I just know God is going to use to touch me. I know that things are going to change even more- my life has completely changed around. And I want to remember that even when the storms hit home, I have a Saviour who wants to hold my hand through all the roughs.

What an awesome God!

-Friend of Jesus,

Eli [: xo 

No comments: