Saturday 16 August 2008

Madd week!

Hey!

I'm sorry its been so long- I've been so busy! 

Monday- Friday we were down South in Oxfordshire. It was a really hard time, but also encouraging in many ways. Sometimes you don't realise the extent to which your family can join together and work together to make things happen. I guess that's one thing God has really blessed us with.

It was a busy week to be honest. I guess I packed figuring that I'd be stuck in Gran's all day, whilst my mum worked. But it turns out that we spent over 4 or 5 hours in the hospital or in Oxford, and the rest doing other multiple things. I went to a fish market- okay, so it was well funny, the Watford, North London woman was asking my gran if she was buying fish for her "toy boy". Haha! Well, they got to talking about how my Granpi was in hospital and how the "fish people" send their love. I guess in many ways, it just makes you think how much some elderly folk must appreciate people that interact with them in such ways. To know that even someone as random, and as insignificant as those on the fish market, are offering my Gran a conversation that will brighten up her day just that bit more is really encouraging.

So, I'm not saying the time in the hospital was easy- it was very hard to watch him in such pain. But then, I think we all understand that what God has put my Grandpa through- My Grandpa can easily work through. If he couldn't, God wouldn't have made it in such a way.

Even so, it was great through the week because Jenni came and hung about with me. We ate chips over at the hospital. Drank Bru whilst Mother and Gran drove away. Watched 'Walk the Line' and bought three Johnny Cash albums for £3. [: Oh yes. I mean, Me and Jenni have to have banter no matter what!

I got to see my wee cousin on Friday too- she's 2 years old now. She's also incredibly cute and just learning to really talk!

The drive back up North was awful- took us 9 and a half hours. And gosh, we were so tired. Although, I had been drinking a lot of relentless and fizzy juice. I was way too hooked up on caffeine.

So I guess we're going into a new week- and man, I wish I could just sit still for one moment, and make the time stop. Hold down the minutes and the seconds, and just breathe. I haven't had a moment to do that yet.

Went up to my Gran's graveyard today. It's weird to think back just a few months to standing at the funeral, watching the coffin go down. I mean, it all seems too much of a blur to be real. I'm exhausted by everything. Haha!

So, I hope to make the SAE changes by Monday. Close call as always. Really wondering what God has in store for SAE what with me having accepted the full time job of cleaner and catering assistant at Lendrick Muir- SU. (I start Sept 1st!) I'm kind of wondering whether SAE is worth continuing. I don't know. Maybe it's a lack of energy. Either way, need to get praying.

I guess the church situation isn't helping either. Whilst we've searched everywhere- we just can't seem to find a church for us. Maybe it is time to look further than we had ever expected. I can't wait to get driving! I should be getting my provisional in the next week or two. I'm hoping that it actually means I can go to a church I feel comfortable in. We'll see.

Anyways. Times plodding on, and I think my bed calls. Hopefully I'll be keeping blogging as much as I can! The last few days have just been uberly rushed though.

- Friend of Jesus,

Eli xo [: 

1 comment:

thepm said...

SAE is definitely worth continuing!