Sunday 16 November 2008

[:

Reeeeet Guys,

Wow, remembered about this whole bloggin' thing! High five to me! :P

So, a lot to share. As always.

I'm a year older. It feels slightly strange. I feel like I've matured too much in the last 2 months, that this is the crunch point of actually continuing to mature! Haha, not too sure if I like it. 

Even so. A wee catch up in the world of Eli!

So yesterday was the birthday bang. Another fancy dress hunt! Most comments about the night were "another banterful day." Haha, another repeat of last year I suppose. People are already questioning what my 18th will be like. Truth is, I have no idea!

Actually, when you think about it. Where will I be in a year's time aye? No idea!

Ever since I've started to work, I've actually realised that I'm starting to enjoy life a lot more. Silly though that might sound. I don't think I was ever someone programmed to be in school; I love the simple fact that I don't dread the next day at work. I feel really comfortable where I am in life.

Even weirder, today I had the strongest feeling of God just telling me, I'm where I should be. But also, He was clearly telling me that I have a lot of really big decisions to make too, and that life ahead is uncertain in my vision. But he was comforting me in telling me that He knew exactly where I was going to go- He is my compass, and will always stick by my side.

So what's keeping me busy except from work? Well, quite a lot! I'm bantering more than I thought  I might! :P But I'm also leading a youth group with Cara and am being given the chance to do the teaching part. Which is reaaaaallly exciting.

I'm also gonna really start to think about starting up a small prayer group- and will try and visit some folks to start praying with them and encouraging them. I feel God is gonna use me so much this year.

So other than that- praying God will provide some money for the new camera that I really want. Lol :P Got a real want to just do photography right now! I love it so much =)

I wanted to encourage you a wee bit with something I've been reading right now and its 1 Kings! I've been enjoying it so much. But something really hit me the other day and it was this:

Solomon asked the Lord "Give me a discerning heart so that I can govern your people and distinguish between wrong and right. For only you can truly govern these people."

It touched my heart so much. For the last week I've been praying my heart out knowing that before I can do any kind of evangelising- or even live out faith, I need to pray and ask for a discerning heart. That doesn't mean that we will still recieve the same blessings that Solomon recieved, but Solomon was blessed by God within also.

I realised that this week, after pleading for God to mould me into someone that was wise, that things really started to happen. It wasn't like I turned uberly wise this week! But I just noticed so many more opportunities. 

It made me realise how important the right heart and mind is to the Lord, it goes far beyond the passion and the enthusiasm that you have for Christ and for the gospel, actually, one of the biggest keys to a Christian is the right heart. That the heart will be as full as it can be of God's wisdom, so that we can be discerning about situations, people and words.

So this week is more courses at work, busy weekend, working! However, It'll be gooooood. =)

Righty, better go!

Turrah, xo

No comments: