Friday 3 October 2008

=)

I'm so sorry to everyone I'm finding it hard to keep up with! Trust me, there's more than a few! With working full time, even in the time I have off- I get so tired... so, big apology to those who have been expecting replies! You will get them. Just not immediately!

Hope everyone is doing greaaaaat. =D I miss all our chats loads! If you read the blog below, you'll know that work so far is a little hard, but I know God's promising a year of training ahead. And of complete devotion to Him.

So... don't take it personally if you don't hear back from me in a while. I'm either busy at work, Very tired... Or just can't be bothered with Bebo! =P I sometimes sign on and just see what's happening on the 'home'... but apart from that, I don't always get time to reply to all comments/mails!

So... Big hey to those who I havent spoken to in a while- drop me a mail (if you already haven't) and I WILL reply at some point!! Promise ;)

God's been teaching me a lot already in the last month, and a lot of its been tough lessons, but he's moulding me into a better person day by day. I'm learning to be patient and graceful in the face of so many trials and hardships.

I just want to encourage you to step out of your door each day, into your school, your church, your job, college/uni (you name it...) and go out knowing that today could be your last day. I love that part of the Bible where Jesus explains that tomorrow will take care of itself. If we don't practice the fruits of the spirit in our own lives- in our own situations, then we'll never get anywhere.

Jesus teaches that in any situation, we're to be like Him. We're to react to things in the best way and always be kind of heart. When we're truly like that, the fruits of the spirit really do take shape. They become the essence of who we are and they constantly give off a fragrance that mirrors a heart on fire for God.

When we walk out of our doors, we should await not only a beautiful collision of goodness within, but also an openness to work with, to listen to, to talk with, others who we come into contact with.

See, the fruits of the spirit are not all about restrictions, they are the very seeds planted in our hearts that blossom and make us the most transparently luminous Christians out there. The true fruits of the spirit are what make people who have chosen Jesus, totally alive and different from the rest.

No comments: