Wednesday 8 October 2008

All the way the Saviour leads me.

There have been so many points where I've felt like giving up. Where I've felt like dropping everything and running ten thousand miles just to stop, and to think.

For the last week, all I've been wanting is a get-out. A fire exit door that can be used when I feel so entirely overwhelmed with hurt and stress.

But then I know that even with the heat of the fire, I can still survive.

"All the way the Saviour leads me."

I know the touch of his hand against my shoulder, urging me to go ahead, with Him at my side. Against all the storming heat of the fire - with the smoke and debreyy seemingly blocking all pathways before me, I can feel His presence. His inexplainable comfort whilst he tells me "It'll all be okay." And as I push my way through, sometimes even picking up small burns on the way - little etchings of hurt and turmoil - I start to see clearer through the influx of smoke before me. I can see a pathway ahead; I know I've been on this path for a reason. He doesn't leave me.

Even when I can't see a way forward, He continues to walk with me, shoulder to shoulder. I can hear His voice, even with the spluttering of sparkling flames, and the choke of the walls falling down all around me. He stays the same. He remains steadfast, and doesn't let me fall down even with the heat.

He keeps encouraging me forward, baby step at a time. I recognise He knows best. Trust. I really do trust Him. Sometimes I look behind me, even for an instant, and I see a glimpse of the past- the dark, grimy walls so attacked by the smoke; but when I start to turn my face again to the pathway ahead, I see instantly the walls behind completely fall. The past is forgotten. God's peace rests on me.

Sometimes the smoke and fire calms down- and sometimes the light of the dark room I seem to be in, grows. There is hope all around. At other points, I feel claustrophobic by the engulfing flames.

So much hurt. So much pain. All around me, the walls, the light, the flames; they all change. Sometimes there is even a slight twist in the pathway and I don't understand where it is going.

Yet, He constantly leads me. Through all of the darkness and all of the hopelessness, He takes me to the target. He brings me closer. He constantly holds my hand, telling me that it will all be "alright". 

I finally understand looking into His eyes, His faithful, beautiful eyes- the eyes of a Saviour - that as He takes me through even the hard times, the pathway, leading me through life, the steps are bringing me to His heart.

He carries me, closer and closer to His heart.
I know His goodness and Mercy have followed me.
You led me Lord, You lead me now.
Your goodness and mercy are with me, around me, In me. 

I step closer and closer to Your heart.

No comments: